All available languages are provided with our newsletter plugin. If your language isn’t available, your plugin will be in English by default.
Current status of translations
Join our formidable team of translators
Visit our Transifex page. It’s like Poedit, but online.
Instructions to improve a translation in Transifex
1. Save the PO file of your language to your computer from Transifex.
2. Open the PO file with Poedit, the cross-platform gettext catalogs (.po files) editor. You can download it from here: http://www.poedit.net/
3. When you save the PO file in Poedit, it creates a MO file automatically in the same folder where your PO file is.
4. Make sure that the name of the your new MO file is “mailpoet-newsletters-xx_XX.mo”. Replace xx_XX with your country’s language code. For example, France is “fr_FR”.
Tip : If you aren’t sure of the good code check the title of your language transifex page, you’ll find it.
5. Upload your new MO file to your site’s /wp-content/plugins/mailpoet-
6. Visit your site’s admin. Look at every pages of MailPoet to make sure your translation is good.
7. If you want to edit a string, we suggest you to update it directly on Transifex.
8. There are 2 pages that are not immediately visible that you might want to check:
9. Of course, you won’t be able to correct everything in one day. You’ll notice strings as you use MailPoet that can be improved, like error messages or warnings. Translation is an ongoing effort!
When you’re done with your first review on the current translation, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to give you a Premium.